*edit: We have a new home! www.socialitedreams.com
Hello my name is Vonnie and I am a product junkie *hello Vonnie!*. There, I said it! Nothing gets me more excited than dipping my fingers into a new product, caressing a new makeup compact, sniffing a yummy new lotion, puckering up for a new lipstick, or fluffing my hair with a new moisturizer. Do you get that same rush, that same thrill of the purchase? Shopaholic, product junkie, clotheshound, whatever you want to call it, have you been felled by the shopping bug? Let’s find out:
8 Signs That You Might Be a Product Junkie
1. The employees at the mall know you by name, know your life story, know your favorite choices/brands, and are bringing out things they know you’ll like before you fully walk into the door. Don’t go there for more than a week and suddenly they are asking, “Omg is everything okay? Where have you been? We were worried!”
2. You find yourself online shopping because you’ve received one of your bajillion email sales ads and end up buying $100 worth of stuff just so that you can get the free mini lip gloss or mascara with purchase or for the free shipping, even though you “planned to buy nothing, just going to look”.
3. You have more than 4 store specific credit cards (like a Victoria’s Secret Angel card) and all maintain a balance. You’re a part of all your favorite stores VIP buyers clubs and somehow (SOMEHOW) always have a “You’ve spent $250 and so you get a $10 gift card” waiting for you in the mail every other month.
4. Whenever you are bored, you somehow find yourself on the Sephora.com website with items magically in your cart. But you aren’t going to buy anything, they are just in your cart….just in case….just to remind you later….why does it say shipping confirmation?
5. You’ve ever not eaten, haven’t gone out, or otherwise put your life on hold so that you could save for a beauty or fashion product. Or you’ve carelessly swiped your credit card without caring where the pay for the item would be coming from, you just NEED that new item in your life.
6. Every single time that you walk into the mall or a drugstore you leave with something beauty related. Nail polish, mascara, hair product, you simply CAN’T walk into a store that sells any type of beauty product without purchasing something. It’s a compulsion.
7. You have to hide new purchases from the ones that you live with. Receipts? Burned in the fireplace, no evidence. Hey, if there’s no proof of it happening, it didn’t happen right?? Right?? *tucks new conditioner into overflowing tray of other conditioners, hidden from view*
8. Shopping is your high. It feels better than kissing, drinking (well, maybe not better than Sangria. Seriously, who DOESN’T like sangria?), eating, partying, the warm cuddle of a cute puppy, better than everything! Who needs drugs when you can get that russssh.
How did you measure up? Are you a product junkie? What other tell-tale signs of junkism can you think of? See my favorite products