Spent all day taking my kinky twists out yesterday…whew, feels good to get those suckers off of my face and everything 😀 I thought I wouldn’t like my hair when I cut it a couple of months ago, but I must say, it’s nice not to have ish on my face that I just have to pull back anyway.
Woke up today and followed the oil rinse steps here: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=59556&highlight=Oil+rinsing which is basically to do the following:
1. Rinse (or shampoo) your hair (I used my new Pure Life soap co aloe 2 n 1 shampoo/conditioner. Smells really good and is nice and creamy. Felt nice and rich. Amazing ingredients, not harsh at all)
2. Coat in your favorite oil (I used extra virgin olive oil and my hair felt the most soft that it ever has in LIFE)
3. Apply conditioner (I used my organix coconut conditioner and went to heaven. smells like coconut cake, I wanted to stay in the shower all day with that delicious smell. Hair felt soft and lush still because I let conditioner soak with the olive oil on my hair. Definitely will do that everytime I wash, mix the conditioner and olive oil.)
4. Rinse with cool/cold water
5. Apply leave-in (I used kinky curly knot-today, also smells great 🙂 )
I also did a tea tree cholesterol after the conditioner, but I’m not sure that my hair liked that. It felt softer and stuff without, so I think that I will do all of the steps next time without doing the cholesterol.
Hair smelled and felt terrific, sniff sniff 🙂 here’s my wet and extra curly hair (I snipped some of those straight ends that can be seen in the pic, I realize that the beautician didn’t get ALL of the straight pieces when she did my big chop)
went by the steps in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdcJIKIRjg for finger coils, no way was I doing my whole head, would have taken forever! I did the front because I unfortunately think that I heat damaged my hair when I had a sew in a couple of months ago when I went to New York, not knowing all of the hair info that I know now about heat settings and flat ironing. Stupid me, so the front isn’t as curly as the rest 😦 😦 I did the front half of my hair with the coils with fantasia IC gel and let the rest be the curly mop that it is. Love that gel, it’s not stiff and smells AMAZING. I’m glad i got a HUGE tub of it for $4
I then sprayed Oyin Frank Juice all over and sealed with an olive oil mix. Come tomorrow once it’s all dry, I’ll undo the coils and toss on a headband 🙂 These pics don’t do it justice, it’s full small spirals and quite cute, I wish that I could make the images look like real life. oh well!